A local dynamic real estate company, headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, is currently searching for its next Payroll Benefits Accountant and Human Resources Coordination Professional
$42,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience
Monday- Friday: 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM
Company-sponsored benefits are available (health, dental, vision, and 401k)
Purpose/Description Follows Below:
Payroll accounting performs lead payroll processing, recording, balancing and reconciling payroll expenses and incorporating them into the Company’s financial statements. The duties include gathering and auditing timekeeping data and resolving related issues; inputting new hires, leave times, terminations and pay adjustments in the ADP and Wells Fargo payroll systems. The payroll and benefits accountant assist with the preparation of those operations and also makes payroll journal entries. The accountant generates reports on employees’ wages and mandatory and voluntary deductions and on employer taxes and contributions. The accountant also enters and updates statistical, financial and employee data including direct deposit, tax withholding and wage garnishments; and develops spreadsheets and reports to verify accuracy as well as analytics for management.
Employee benefits include health, dental, and vision insurances; retirement plans; flexible spending accounts; and business expense reimbursements. In addition, administration of benefit days such as vacation, sick, personal and bereavement time; and tracking of employee absences and benefit days balances, and alerts managers and supervisors of discrepancies. The payroll and benefits accountant sets up employee benefits records in the system and performs the necessary calculations.
HR Coordinator Responsibilities include
- Aid and resolve problems for employees and all levels of management, guided by Company policies, employment law, and federal agency requirements.
- Interpret company HR policies and procedures ensuring consistent administration and compliance throughout the organization.
- Audit personnel files and I-9 documentation to ensure compliance with federal regulations and department procedures.
- Lead for additional compliance control including provisions of the Affordable Care Act including monthly maintenance for the company’s annual Federal reporting to the IRS
- Maintain control of agent licenses and returns to appropriate licensing agency.
- Manage the Company’s open enrollment process for employee benefits offered including tracking certain necessary employee data (census)
- Payroll Systems Management (approx. 4-5 days per month)
- ADP enterprise software (for payroll processing)
- Wells Fargo (for payroll processing)
- Fidelity reporting for retirement plan administration, chiefly per pay period employee and employer contributions
- Employee expense reimbursement management via the online platform, Concur
- Time and attendance systems management
- Assist with addressing all workers compensation matters
- Prepare documentation for 401K and workman’s compensation audits.
- Manage all incoming HR-related paperwork including offer letters, in-processing, out-processing, and changes in employment status; review paperwork for accuracy and record changes in payroll system; coordinate with information technology department. Soon to be managed utilizing DocuSign and SkySlope
- Respond to requests for employment and salary verification.
- Maintain relationships with certain vendors and serve as a liaison for related HR administration activities.
- High school graduate with experience in accounting/human resources or related discipline
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting and/or human resources
- Minimum one-year payroll experience/HRIS systems; ADP experience preferred. If experience is not yet achieved, please explain why you are an outstanding fit for this position.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in diplomacy, critical thinking, and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to function independently in a fast-paced, multitasking work environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information regarding all employee-related matters at the highest level.
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation, demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Kindly, type the words Carpe Diem in the intro/subject/header of your response when submitting your resume for consideration.
About CENTURY 21 New Millennium
CENTURY 21 New Millennium is a full-service real estate brokerage with more than 900 real estate professionals across 20 offices in the greater Washington, D.C. area, including portions of Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. The company, which specializes in residential and luxury properties, joined the CENTURY 21® System in 1998, and has established a sound and successful organization providing traditional residential and commercial services, on-site mortgage and title services, insurance, and access to a vast network of relocation and other real estate service providers worldwide. CENTURY 21 New Millennium has been the top-producing CENTURY 21 brokerage in the Mid-Atlantic each year since 1999 and has earned the distinction of No. 1 CENTURY 21 franchise in the world recognition five times since 2010. For more information, visit C21NM.com. Vested in You, Together We’re Better.
No related jobs!