A local dynamic integrated residential real estate brokerage company is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Manager with an emphasis on Data Analysis. This professional will work closely with the Company’s CFO and the Accounting Manager to lead the entity’s finance, performance and accounting department. The Company is headquartered in Alexandria, Va (Kingstowne). This is a full-time position and only qualified accountants/analysts with appropriate experience will be considered (a strong accounting background is a prerequisite). There is potential for career advancement.
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for all areas of the Company’s daily financial reporting, along with the Accounting Manager, including developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting. The professional will assist with the oversight and training of approximately 4-5 accountants to ensure that proper work balances are maintained, and functional results are met (i.e., timely and accurate financial reporting). In addition to the daily transactional requirements of the Department, this person will perform various data analyses to drive financial projections based on current trends, market conditions and historical data review of each profit center (approximately two dozen). The data analyst portion includes, but is not limited to, data collection, data inspection, data cleansing, modeling and concluding. This is a leadership position; therefore, strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
For the first two to four weeks of onboarding, you should expect to work closely with each of the core functional accountants to fully understand the intricacies of the Company’s processes, which will quickly lead to an appreciation for the critical functions of the Department and opportunities to drive improvement. Due to changes within the Department, a bottom-up approach is required. You must be a self-starter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Team Development Role and Responsibilities
- Assists the Accounting Manager with supervising the accounting department by building efficient, functioning teams
- Trains, develops and empowers staff
- Reviewing work performed by the staff
- Monitors and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of the staff
Immediate Accounting Focused Role and Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s functional areas, processes and financial reporting
- Review and post transactions, which will be required on a continual basis
- Assist with maintaining the chart of accounts and business unit structures
- Ensure the accurate and timely financial reporting for all daily transactions and for monthly and annual financial information
- Assist with the implementation of a new end to end transaction reporting and accounting system (new for this industry)
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Company’s consolidated financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Monitor and analyze the Finance and Accounting Department’s workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and timely reporting
- Data Analysis:
- Enhance the existing reporting and analysis capabilities of the Company to support Executive decision making
- Data mine existing historical data points to develop predictive modeling overlaid with industry and market condition data
- Model the data with using different modeling techniques
- Report creation for high level articulation (analytical reports based on statistical data)
- Must be highly engaged in the critical nature of proper data and analyses to drive decision making
- Look for opportunities to automate, improve workflows and implement efficiencies
- Assist with the budgeting process and with special projects
- Collaborate with Departmental leaders to support the Company’s goals
- Remain current with financial accounting and reporting rules
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting (concentrations in accounting will be considered if the candidate has adequate experience)
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience: At least five years of proven successful supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger/data analyst area with oversight of team members (Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred)
- In-depth, real world foundational accounting and reporting skills
- Must be computer literate in accounting systems and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus, as well as QuickBooks (desktop and online). Must have strong experience with the Microsoft Office product suite and well above-average Excel reporting skills
- Team focused and able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong supervisory and customer service skills
- High level of integrity and accustomed to significant responsibilities
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Strong, independent decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly learn, as the on-boarding window is very small
- Available to start immediately
- Residential real estate industry expertise
- Public and private accounting experience with consolidating financial statements
- Active CPA license
- Heavy accounting information systems involvement
- Microsoft Dynamics GP proficient
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed of the professional. The employee will be required to fulfill other job-related duties as required by the CFO and Accounting Manager.
Kindly, type the words Carpe Diem in the intro/subject/header of your response when submitting your resume for consideration. Also, be prepared to answer why you are uniquely qualified for this position and will excel.
$60,000+ commensurate with experience; and annual bonus eligible.
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Company-sponsored benefits are available (health, dental, vision, flexible spending account and 401k).
We treat our people how we want to be treated, and assume they:
- Are trustworthy
- Possess an inherent drive to “figure it out”
- Seek responsibility and accountability
- Want to learn
- Are happiest professionally when they are doing good work at something they think is meaningful
- Are motivated to work and enjoy controlling their work environment if certain conditions are satisfied
About CENTURY 21 New Millennium
CENTURY 21 New Millennium is a full-service real estate brokerage with more than 900 real estate professionals across 20 offices in the greater Washington, D.C. area, including portions of Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. The company, which specializes in residential and luxury properties, joined the CENTURY 21® System in 1998, and has established a sound and successful organization providing traditional residential and commercial services, on-site mortgage and title services, insurance, and access to a vast network of relocation and other real estate service providers worldwide. CENTURY 21 New Millennium has been the top-producing CENTURY 21 brokerage in the Mid-Atlantic each year since 1999 and has earned the distinction of No. 1 CENTURY 21 franchise in the world recognition five times since 2010. For more information, visit C21NM.com. Vested in You, Together We’re Better.