I’m a full-time Property Manager and Real Estate agent licensed and living in Washington, D.C. near The Wharf in SW with more than 10 years of real estate and property management experience.
The Road to Real Estate
I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree and a Law Degree, and started working as Director of Community Services for Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. In that position, I oversaw the distribution of financial and technical assistance to nonprofits that were operating Head Start Programs in their facilities. My initial interest in real estate started shortly thereafter when interest rates were at an all-time high and families and nonprofits were struggling to purchase or refinance. As we provided technical assistance to nonprofit organizations that had as their mission, delivering services to low income families and/or providing affordable housing units, I began to take a keen interest in making the process simpler for buyers and sellers. I left government and stared working with nonprofits who owned land, wanted to develop it into affordable housing and need assistance in managing their properties. I also started teaching as an Adjunct Professor at the University of the District of Columbia, where I taught Leasing for Property Management to college students.
Property Management Services
- Professional photos to market and highlight the special features of your property.
- Extensive property marketing including listing on 800 websites.
- Showing the property to prospects, tenant vetting and selection including credit, criminal, landlord and reference checks.
- Preparing and filing State Business License Application.
- Lease preparation and execution, ensuring compliance with all D.C. Tenant Laws.
- Rent collection and monthly disbursement to owner(s).
- Issuing of Late Notices and Notices to Vacate if rent not paid when due.
- First line of contact for resolution of tenant issues.
- Preparation and submission of monthly reports detailing revenues and expenses.
- Coordination of move-in move-out services with building, condo or co-op associations.
- Securing estimates, paying vendors and responding to any emergency that might arise.
- Cleaning Unit (move-in/move-out)
- Maintenance and repairs
Giving Back to the Community
Caring about homeowners, home buyers and sellers, as well as my fellow real estate agents, has been the driving force behind my work with nonprofit organizations that are engaged in the creation of affordable housing units in the District of Columbia and Maryland. I also am currently providing housing assistance to single mothers though the Salvation Army’s Turning Point Program.